Monday, October 03, 2005

Welcome to Newcastle!

Sorry for the long delay in adding new posts, but it has taken me quite a while to sort out the whole internet thing here in Newcastle - lots of access to computers, sure, but very limited opportunity to connect my own computer to the network, thereby allowing me to show you all my photos of Newcastle. Anyway, here's a little of what I've been up to recently...

First of all, before I left for the UK, we had one last adventure in the Canadian Wilderness. Frobisher came with us and had a very good time!

Frobisher in the campsite

Blowing up the thermarests:
Ready for bed:The end of the trip:
After the camping trip, I spent Monday madly getting ready to leave. On Tuesday afternoon we drove to Toronto to spend the night with Tiffany and Jeff, and then Wednesday was spent with Shudeshna out on the Toronto's Centre Island Park. Here's a few hightlights:

On the ferry:Hello Mr. Pig!

A view of the city:
And finally, the pics that you've all been waiting for, shots from a tour of Newcastle that I took a few days after my arrival:

The Monument (Earl Grey, the Tea guy, is on the top):
Part of a Street Carnival:The famous Millenium Bridge, with the Baltic art Museum on the right:
A model of the cityThe Armstrong Building, in which my TA office is found:The Courtyard outside my building:On Saturday, we decided to get out of the city and join a Beach Bar-B-Q that was being held by one of the student Societies. This is the beach we went to - its in a town called Tyneside:Here's Frobisher and I on the beach with our new friends Tara, from Peterborough (right) and Stephanie, from Florence, South Carolina (left):More pics of the beach trip to come soon... for now I think I'd better go get some real work done!

No comments: