Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Leaving on a jet plane...

Yay! I'm going home tomorrow!

Its really odd how the last few days have been a great big blur, when only just last week time has been crawling by... Way back when I booked the ticket I was sure that my last week here would be spent in slowly packing up my room and shedding unnecessary items in the process... instead, its been a whirlwind of writing, packing, writing more, and then taking all the books back to the library... my arms still haven't recovered from that one!

Its kind of scary how much stuff you collect in only 8 months... Mike went home with one large bag of my stuff at the end of April, and yet I still have 4 bags to take home with me - I'm trying not to think about the excess baggage costs i'm going to have to pay! :) I have most things packed already, including my duvet, which will have to come out again for tonight - i was testing my space bag to see if i could wrap a few semi-breakables in the folds of my duvet, and then vacuum pack the whole thing down into only a really small bag... it worked, but im still wary about the non breakability factor. Im now at that stage where the bags are pretty much full, but there are still a few bits and pieces sitting out, which have to be put somewhere... HOW is it all going to get in there?! ugh!

I'm going to miss my friends from Newcastle, although some of you guys are going to be going home soon too. But don't worry, I'll be back next year, knitting needles and yarn stash in tow! In the meantime, I'll be placing a KnitPicks order really soon, if anyone wants in! :)

anyway, time to leave off with the packing and head off to the pub to watch the football match - pretty appropriate for my last night in town, eh? :)

2 comments:

PURLPOWER said...

Sorry I didn't get chance to say g'bye - have a fantastic time at home and looking forward to reading about your adventures online. Love Helenx

Anonymous said...

Hope you made it back to Canada safely! Now I'm in packing hell...how does one get so much stuff?! Have fun at the wedding this weekend! :)