Wednesday, January 17, 2007

3 B's and toxic muffins

Last night I finished seaming up the Trellis Cardigan that I've been making for Mike's cousin's son, Steven - it was supposed to have been a Christmas present, but now its a January present. :) As you can see, it's lacking three very important B's - buttons, a bath, and proper blocking! I'm about to go bathe it in a minute - just wanted to take a quick peak on the interweb for last minute hints on how to do this properly... then I'll go buy the buttons tomorrow, by which time this -25 degree windchill is supposed to have ended. Here are the specs on the cardigan (I'm really going to try and be diligent about positing these this year):

Yarn: 2 skeins of Paton's Classic Wool in Natural Marl (100% merino). The colour is a little more speckly than it looks in this photo - sort of an oatmeal colour.
Pattern: Trellis, from Knitty. I made the 12 month size, even though Steven is barely 6 months old... but I like my kid-knits to last a while, and the Delage babies grow really quickly!
Needles: 4.5mm wooden needles.. can't remember who made them
Finished: January 16, 2007 (ok, well, almost finished anyway) The project took about 2 weeks to complete.
Comments: This was a fun pattern - it a really good introduction to making a full cable sweater. Mind you, I must add that I'm glad it was pint-sized! I like this yarn too - its really practical, at about $7 per skein, and 205m per skein... Mike's hat was made from this yarn, as were a pair of convertible mitts that I made for him several years ago (I've obeyed the 'boyfriend curse' thus far, and kept to small projects only!). It's maybe not the most luxurious merino, but its great for practical projects.

Now, as for those toxic muffins I mentioned, I made those last night too...
We had run out of milk, so Mike volunteered to brave the cold and run down to the corner store to buy some more. Knowing that I needed to use up some very mushy bananas asap, I asked him to pick up some chocolate chips, or some equivalent, to liven up the muffins... he brought home M&Ms (one of my suggestions), so in they went. Who knew the colours would turn so fluorescent and toxic looking after being baked! :) but at least they still taste good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute sweater,you are the best and you can cook too, what a luckyroommate you have, you did not learn all those things from your mom that is for sure.