Monday, March 19, 2007

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire

1. What's your favourite type of yarn?
I like natural fibres, but I'm not entirely opposed to blends of natural and man-made fibres - so long as its not blended with acrylic, and the mix is at least 50% natural fibre.

2. What's your least favourite type of yarn?
I'm not a huge fan of furry yarns, acrylic or otherwise. Mohair is nice, but inevitably drives me mad every time I have to frog it (which is usually a lot, seeing as I tend to only like mohair in lace patterns).

3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop?
Look for yarns I haven't see before, or those that I've drooled over online, but never seen (or touched!) in person. Then I have to start arguing with myself about the fact that I really don't need to buy 1000m of that gorgeously smooshy yarn over in the corner, even if it is in my favourite shade of blue!

4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do?
I do a little bit of card making, although I've left all my supplies back in Canada, so I won't be doing that for a while... I also want to try things like stenciling on clothes, embroidery (I have a "learn-to" kit I haven't used yet), and maybe learn to sew (but I'm nt in a good situation for investing in a machine just now (or fabric, for that matter!), so that will have to wait a few years.

5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?
none.

6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:
Knitting / Crochet / Other Craft / Food / Home / Fashion / Celebrity Gossip / Garden
Knitting, Food, Fashion, Home, Other Craft, Crochet, Celebrity Gossip, Garden.

7. What items do you like to knit / crochet?
I have a series of sweaters for myself on the go at the moment (1 finished, 3 more to go!), and I seem to knit a large amount of baby stuff. I also do a lot of gift knitting for my family and friends.

8. Are you allergic to anything?
nothing that applies here.

9. What do you like to* smell of?
(*This is not a typo. The question is: What do you like to smell of)
light fragrances... vanilla is nice, cause it curbs the chocolate cravings (or so I've been told - have yet to notice the difference).

10. What's your favourite way to relax?
sit and knit while watching tv or listening to music or something.

11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first?
umm... the bakery, if I could get a cappuccino there to go with a yummy cake or tart. Otherwise, I'd hit the Italian cafe. and have panna cotta with my coffee.

12. What do you come out with?
nothing... I'd sit inside and eat my cake and coffee! :) Well, maybe I'd come out with some fresh-roasted coffee beans, if they had them.

13. Where do you go next?
To the LYS, to buy some yarn.

14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal?
you can read my SP questionnaire for more ideas if you're stuck, but really I'm pretty easy to please. :)

No comments: