These were made with part of one 14" zucchini that I plucked from my backyard yesterday... 6 inches of it were used to make dinner last night, and the rest was just begging to be baked up!
Here's what you need:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) white sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated zucchini
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 2 cups (500 mL) flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda (a.k.a. bicarbonate of soda)
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) nutmeg
Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Stir well and pour into zucchini mixture. Stir until combined.
Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan. Bake 50 - 60 min at 350*F (180*C).
This was one of the many recipes I copied from my Mom's stash before moving away to go to school several years ago. Trust me, its yummy! :)