Sunday, September 13, 2009

blogging from the tv

I have now attained the ultimate state of couch potatoe-ness. :)

When we moved, we upgraded to a flatscreen tv, and in our quest to gradually phase out the need to pay for cable, we made sure to get one that could easily have a computer connected to it. So here I am, posting this blog from the living room sofa, with a 32" flatscreen as my monitor! :) The only drawback being that I need to wear my glasses and increase the browser font about 4 times in order to be able to actually read what I'm typing! But its great for watching youtube, trust me! ;)

Anyway, today I thought I'd post a few random photos, just to show you what I've been up to...
Here's (a very bad) one of me in the subway from the day we went and played tourist downtown - Mike says its not fair that I only post photos of him on here, so here's proof that I do occasionally appear on my own blog! :)

And these are the yummy cupcakes from the infamous Magnolia Bakery (of Sex and the City fame) that Elizabeth and I had for dessert last night - I had been out shopping, and as I went past the bakery to get into the subway, the cupcakes jumped right into my hand! ;)
they really do taste as good as they look! :)

And here's Mike cooking dinner the other night, while I was trying to figure out why the camera flash kept putting shadows at the sides of my close-up photos...

And finally, here's a yarny photo, just to prove that I'm still knitting. Here's a lovely 2 inches of seed-stitch border for you to enjoy! (the yarn has been frogged from a previous project, hence the resemblance to wool ramen noodles!)
I am on a stash-busting mission at the moment (even I am slightly appalled at how big my stash is, now that its all back in one place again!), which is fairly convenient seeing as its gift-knitting season again, and much of my stash exists only in small, gift-project sized batches. The pics will be posted on Ravelry if you're a member, otherwise you'll just have to wait till after Xmas! :)

No comments: