Saturday, September 17, 2011

Amelia and Harrison's Wedding

Back from holidays now, but before I share pics from our trip, I thought I'd jump back even more weeks to share some pics from our summer adventures.

A few posts back, I shared pics of the gifts I'd made my friend for her wedding shower.  I was actually in Amelia's wedding, so in mid-August I headed up to Vernon, BC to help her celebrate the big day (and the several days of events that came before the big day!)

Despite the somewhat sketchy summer weather Vernon (and most of the province!) had been having this year, the weather gods made sure we had plenty of sunshine for the wedding.  So of course we had to hit the beach at least once...

(here's Amelia and Harrison, the happy couple to be)
 

(I'm hiding from the sun, in case you're wondering - I burn really easily, and I didn't want to get a sunburn 2 days before the wedding!)

Amelia grew up in Vernon, but now lives in Toronto.  Since so many of us had to travel to the wedding, her Vernon friends were kind enough to host a wedding shower for her. 
In this shot, Amelia's delightful outfit was thanks to one of the shower games.  After the present opening, we added this lovely headdress to her ensemble.  :)

Later, the post-shower bachelorette party required yet another costume change... and since we didn't want Amelia to get into too much trouble, we made sure that Harrison was present to help supervise! :)


Bonnie, one of the other bridesmaids, broke her leg about 2 months before the wedding.  Unfortunately, she wasn't able to have it removed in time, so we had to make the best of it.
Sorry, Harrison.  Getting married means you can no longer watch the disturbingly inappropriate (and almost offensive!) dancing silhouette girl videos they were showing at the club.  ;)

The night before the wedding, we had a BBQ at another local beach

And then is was the big day!







I love the father-daughter dance - and Amelia's dad is such a great dancer!  That's his band playing too - he's also a great musician.  
 

Amelia's wedding was amazing, and we all had such a great time.  And just to prove how fun it was, we even had the cops come by and close down the dance-floor due to the city's noise restrictions - apparently you could hear the band all the way downtown!  :)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Heh, love the balloon. And I like your dress!
Looks like fun.

zerry ht said...

Wedding and that too on sea location is truly amazing. Hope you had a great time with family and friends. Reception party of my cousin was also full of fun and enjoyment. Not only was the Chicago wedding venues beautiful but the party favors were also decorated in an attractive way.