Tuesday, January 10, 2006

half a pair...


Look! I finally finished one of my fingerless gloves!! And it only took me 4 months! And I cheated a little too, because this isn't the original pattern that I had hoped it would be - I simply found a cable glove pattern in a near-archaic Patons book, skipped the long k2p2 rib, and then 'forgot' to stop knitting the hand part and start the fingers. Overall, its not bad... the wrist is a little big, but maybe that will prove to be a good thing if I ever end up putting these on over another pair of gloves or something.

You will notice that I also opted not to make these gloves striped. I decided to save the blue yarn and try to make a fun pair of socks out of it... or maybe even a second pair of gloves, maybe with fingers this time.

In other news, I'm supposed to be packing right now... my plane leaves tomorrow at about 7pm, which leaves me with t-minus 20 hours until I have to leave here to drive 2 hours to Montreal and thereby be at the airport with enough time to have dinner, say goodbye to Mike :( and then get through security and onto the plane. Blah. I hate packing.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Will you be joining us in the Centurion cafe this Sat?

Anonymous said...

Very nice -- I like the cable pattern and the yarn.

Bernadette said...

I really like the way your design turned out, whatever the original pattern was supposed to be - it's very pretty!