Monday, August 15, 2005

Finally, a little knitting content











since one of my original plans for this blog was to include a little knitting content, I figured I'd better get started...

I haven't really been knitting much this summer, what with this crazy humidity and heat and all, although I did finish this really cute blanket for little Owen.... its from Vogue's "Knitting on the Go" Baby Blanket book... the first book, I think. Technically, I think I messed it up by knitting it fair isle-style instead of the prescribed intarsia, but with no specific instructions about which format to use, stranding the colours behind the work was the only way I could figure out how to do those single lines of colour... except maybe for doing a duplicate stitch after the main parts were all finished, but a girl can only count so many stitches at a time! :) besides, the blanket turned out nicely, and that's all that really matters.

Other than this blanket, my knitting has been severely limited recently... for one thing, its too hot, and for another, there is this voice in the back of my head that is constantly reminding me that in only a few short weeks I will be packing up as many of my worldly goods as I can carry, and shipping out to England for the next three years... so the last thing I need right now is another project's worth of wool to add to my already gigantic stash! Oh for my own private jet so that I could take all my stuff over in one go, in as many boxes and bags as I need... darn airlines and their 32 kg luggage restrictions!

No comments: