Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Frobisher Bear

Say hello to Frobisher Bear, the mystery knitting project that I started last week. Frobisher has decided that he likes our apartment, so he's not going to move away to go live with someone else. He can stay here and guard the apartment for Mike after I move to England.

In other knitting news, I am still trying to fight off the desire to buy yarn for new projects. The fun red cabled sweater in the Fall issue of Vogue Knitting looks very fun, although I think I would knit the cuffs and bottom edging in a less-contrasty colour... I guess it depends on the yarn I end up knitting it with. Speaking of which, I am SO looking forward to being in the land of Rowan and Debbie Bliss Yarns... no more 50% price mark up for me! (I recently found Rowan's Big Wool selling for $23 Canadian per skein in an online Canadian store that shall remain nameless... compare that to the equivalent ₤7.25 that it sells for in England, which converts to about $16 Canadian! Okay, say it with me now: Rip. Off. And yes, i do realise that I can order it online from an English site, but then there are shipping and customs charges to deal with.)

I also like a couple of the very retro-looking school girl vest patterns in the "Chapter and Vest" section of VK, although I again think I'd have to alter the colour choices a little so that I can pull them off... Maybe I'll wait and see which ones show up on the You Knit What?! blog, and then make one of the ones that hasn't been featured! :)

No comments: