Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I hate money

Okay, that was a lie. I don't hate money, i only hate the fact that I never seem to have enough for the things i really want to do. you know, like living above the poverty level for more than 6 months at a time. Oh, the joys of being a grad student of a subject that no one has ever heard of. Since when is a PhD not a professional degree anyway? I mean, you have to get a profession after it, since the only thing you can do with a PhD in ancient Greek mental illness is remain at a University and teach it to someone else. Doesn't that make you a professional? Oh well, that's enough griping. If only I could figure out a way to make the Canadian Dollar equal to the British Pound, all would be well. I just hope that ramen noodles are as cheap in England as they are here. (don't know what I mean? go read Cecilia's blog at www.phdcomics.com/blog.php)

But on to less gruesome topics... I need to start a new knitting project. its the only way to keep me from buying more yarn. So I will have to get creative and start finding projects that will work for the yarns I have in my yarn box. Maybe one of those felted totes from Hello Yarns with my leftover Lopi Bulky wool, or a hat or two for KnitTibet... I'm sure i have some red and yellow wool or wool blends somewhere...

sorry, no fun pics today...

No comments: