Thursday, August 18, 2005

today was one of those days that always reminds me of mid-fall in Vancouver... there's a certain quality to the afternoon light that tells you a storm is coming and that the approaching evening is going to bring cooler temperatures. Which was all nice and comforting till I realised that it was still well before noon, there was no rain predicted until tomorrow, and I was sitting in an office tower in Ottawa. Oh, and its still the middle of summer. So much for good old nostalgia...

Now that I am back to knitting another project, I am once again feeling the need to buy more wool and start a new project... but I must... resist... the call of another new.... bad Glenda! click away from the online knitting stores!

I think that's the real secret to my overly large stash... too many projects for which I needed new wool, but then never got beyond one front of a cardigan, or half of a sleeve of a shrug... So tomorrow I will go through my stash and see if I can make something out of the tweedy blue Pingouin yarn that I got several years ago...
its really nice to knit with, but I seem to remember finishing one cardigan front and one sleeve before leaving it alone for a while, and then when I went back to it and made the second sleeve it was a different length than the first one. or maybe it was that my gauge was off and I didn't think I'd have enough yarn to finish the sweater. Anyway, whatever it was, about 5 or 6 skeins of this stuff have been residing in my knitting box ever since. So tomorrow I will make it into something else. Oh, the fun of knitting! :)

No comments: