Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Labour Day Fun

Like any good (temporary) Eastern Canadian, I spent the last official weekend of summer lounging at the cottage - not my cottage, mind you, but my boyfriend's uncle's (and aunt's!) cottage, which is about an hour and a half from Ottawa - the perfect distance to allow a great escape from the city, without wasting half your weekend travelling there and back. Bob and Rolande, thank you for letting us hang out there so often!

What a great weekend it was - warm days allowed lots of suntanning, the lake was warm enough for swimming (and water badminton!), and the nights were cool enough to allow a roaring fire in the evenings and early mornings (always a plus in my mind, since it adds to the coziness of the place). Even the annual Labour day weekend activity of taking out the dock for the winter turned out to be a barrel of laughs! (oh, such a bad pun - the dock floats on plastic barrels)

Here are a few highlights from the weekend:


Preparing the chicken for our Beer Can Chicken dinner (more pics tomorrow):


One of our many dinners on the patio (l-r: Micheline, Me, Tara, Geoff):
"Grampa G" with baby grandson Owen (I love this photo!):
Dusk over the lake on Monday night:


Progress was also made on the tivoli t-shirt, but I won't post pics in case I decide to frog the whole thing... I apparently can't read needle packages very well, since I mistakenly bought a 3.25mm circular instead of a 3.75mm circular. But to my credit, the fun-coloured Boye brand circular only seem to come in the 3.25mm and 4mm sizes... and yes, I admit it, I was sucked in by the bright red needles and cheaper price!

No comments: