Thursday, May 04, 2006

in a parallel universe

did you ever get an email (albeit a group email) from a friend you haven't heard from in ages and ages, which then caused you wonder about what your life would've been like if you had made completely different decisions at certain points in your life?

Okay, so maybe that situation is just a little less generic than it sounded in my mind... but all i was getting at is that today i had one of those 'what if' moments, which makes one (well, me in this case) wonder about what their (my) life would've been like if only I hadn't decided to take the path i did - ie: moving a quarter of the way around the world (aka half way across Canada) for one degree, and then another quarter of the way around the world for the next degree... (What do you think Mike, would we have met somewhere other than in Kingston, do you think?)

Its such an odd thing to think about - this life is good, with no regrets and few things that an omnipotent me would change (like a little less student loan debt, for starters!), but still... where would i be if i had've run away to Europe instead of going to Uni, or if I had've stayed in Vancouver to do my MA... would i now be sitting on a beach somewhere, living in a hut and selling sea shell necklaces to the tourists?

anyway, this is just a quick glimpse into some of the randomness that fills up my brain and keeps me from focussing on the work that I really really need to get done before I go back home in exactly 2 weeks today! (YAY!) but for now, back to the ancient medics i go...

No comments: