Thursday, October 05, 2006

Secret Pal 9 Questionnaire

I think I'm addicted to Secret Pal Exchanges - I love getting packages in the mail. Here's this season's questionnaire. Forgive me if it sounds familiar, I copied some answers directly from the last one.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
- I prefer natural fibres - i'm a yarn snob, what can i say? :)

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
- A needle case that I made several years ago

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
- about 4 1/2 years now, all thanks to Miss Tiffany and my cousin Anne... I'd say i'm an intermediate level knitter, but that doesn't stop me from trying more difficult patterns.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
- yes, its here... but please ignore the very expensive things that make me look very greedy... my list doubles as a 'when i am very rich i will get this' list.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
- beeswax for candles, lavender or vanilla for bath stuff.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
- i love all candies, except for those little black Dutch salty gummy things... (its been years since I had them, don't know why i suddenly thought of those!)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
- I can sew (badly) if I really have to, and I'm starting to get into basic embroidery, but its very experimental at the moment. I don't spin because I've heard its very addictive, and I just can't risk that right now. :)

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
-
I like almost all music, except for rap and punk, and the really obnoxiously loud stuff. my computer is very much overloaded with mp3s, but im always happy to increase my collection! :)

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
- I like blues and non-fuschia pinks and those really buttery yellows. I think I look scary in most reds, so i tend to stay clear of those.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
- I share a small house with my boyfriend and another friend of ours - they're the closest thing to a pet that I can handle right now! :P

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
- yes, yes, yes, no.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
- I like knitting gifts, for some odd reason. almost everything I've made this year has been for someone else.

13. What are you knitting right now?
- 2 sweaters for me, but they're on the backburner for a bit until I can get through several holiday gifts that I have planned.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
- yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
- I'm kind of up in the air on this. I used to think straight was better, but now I like circulars because they're more portable - and usually make for less seaming, depending on what you're making. Bamboo is better for some fibres, but i can't resist the new fun-coloured aluminum needles that Boye is making, even if they are kind of cheaply made (especially their circulars!)

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
- no and no. but I really need a yarn winder.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
- about 3 years... its an afghan thats in the bottom of my stash box.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
- Halloween.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
- library book fines? oh, you mean good collections... not really, because I keep throwing stuff out every time I have to move house and/or country.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
- all my subscriptions ran out, but I often buy Interweave knits anyway (i'm currently pondering their holiday special issue). I'd like to get mason-dixon knitting, and there are a few others I've considered... check out my Amazon list for more ideas.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
- how to block properly before sewing up. I never seem to do this right.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
- yes, sort of. I wear I size 9 (us), and my foot is 25cm long, and 22 in circumference.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
- June 11th.

No comments: