I found this meme on Laura's blog, and the thought of what my own answers to it would be convinced me that I had to do it too...
1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?
I'm cheating on this one, because page 18 is written in Arabic, which I don't read... this is what the 18th page of the English translation says:
"And as for those who in the practice of medicine follow that whereto simple experience alone leads them, we frequently find very many of them who in the practice of medicine have attained a high measure of excellence. And from this it is seen that experience by no means requires the logos, and the logos is of no use in the art of medicine. But too much time has been spent in speaking and arguing on this theme, and it has prepared the way for part of what we need for what we propose to go on to prove."
(from: Galen, On Medical Experience. Translated by R. Walzer, 1946).
2. If you stretch out your left arm - as far as possible, what are you touching?
My laptop - it sits at the side of my desk, plugged into a larger monitor and a normal keyboard. Mike set me up this way to stop me from complaining about going blind and having sore wrists due to too much typing.
3. What’s the last program you watched on tv?
I almost hate to admit to this one - it was a re-run of Dawson's Creek on TBS this morning (I never watched the series the first time it aired)
4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
3:30 pm - close, its 3:34.
5. Except the computer, what can you hear right now?
Pandora playing a song by My Chemical Romance. And my mobile downstairs, beeping to tell me that I missed a call.
6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?
yesterday afternoon - grocery shopping.
7. What are you wearing?
jeans, a yellow top, a very old long-sweater cardigan, and bare feet.
8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?I dreamed that I was taking part in a multi-day running race - i had finished the first leg and gone home, and i needed Mike to take me back to the end point so I could do the second leg. But he wouldn't take me so instead I walked/ran there, but I got lost on the way in a residential area that had become a private golf course. I was arguing with the residents that they couldn't just turn the area into private property and not let me walk through to the shopping street on the other side. then I was getting all pissed off because I was using up all my energy just trying to get to the race, and even though I was going to be able to keep up with everyone, I was mad that I wasn't going to get extra appreciation/credit for racing while already exhausted.
9. When was the last time you laughed?
this morning when my roommate Kieron tried to get me to pay his phone bills for him - it was a very skeptical "ha!". does that count?
10. What’s on the walls, in the room you’re in right now?
A calendar I got in Rome in January, and two rows of photos and cards hanging from mini clothes pegs on strings. - like a mini washing line of photos and mementos.
11. Have you seen anything strange lately?no. I don't get out much, cause I spend too much time studying at home.
12. What do you think about this meme?
very random, but I like it
13. What’s the last film you saw?
14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?
I would buy myself several flats around the world - London, Vancouver, Australia, France ,something in Greece or Italy, and maybe a ski chalet somewhere in the Alps. Then every time I got bored with my life I could pick up and move somewhere else for a while.
15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don’t know.
i have really long toes - they each have two knuckles that are semi-double-jointed, and my big toes are about .5 cm longer than my thumbs. People usually are either grossed out by my feet, or they ask me if I can type/write/play piano with them (I can't). Ask me nicely and maybe I'll post a photo.
16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt - what would it be?
I'd make it so that health care and education were free for everyone who wanted or needed it.
17. Do you like dancing?
yes, but only in places where everyone else is drunk too, so no one realizes how bad I am at it, and then reminds me the next morning. :)
18. George Bush?
He just announced Donald Rumsfeld's resignation. What will it take to make him announce his own?
19. What do you want your children’s names to be, girl/boy?
I'm still at the deciding if i even want them stage. Names require commitment.
20. Would you ever consider living abroad?I have already, and I will be again as of Jan/Feb 2007. I'd like to make it a permanent thing, but first i need to finish school and get a job. :)
21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven?
I'm a heathen - I'm not allowed to go to heaven.
22. Who should do this meme?
Anyone who reads it - but tell me if you do, cause I wanna know how you answered it.