Thursday, November 29, 2007

just like the real thing

I think they look exactly the same... don't you?

Pattern: Gargle, from Anna Hrachovec of Mochimochi Land

Yarn: the yellow is leftover Lion Brand Cotton-Ease from when I made the
blanket for Felix, and the brown is leftover KnitPicks Wool of the Andes, from the evil brown cropped cardigan I made in February (which is now hanging out in the frogpond, waiting to be frogged!).

Comments: This little creature will be living with Owen, my nephew, as soon as I can get his animal control clearance forms in order so that he can go to Canada without having to spend 6 months in quarantine first. Its a very quick knit, very well designed, and Anna even includes detailed instructions on how to sew him together without any obvious seams. Technically, he's supposed to be made with wool, and then felted, but since I was using cotton, I went down a needle size instead, to get a tighter gauge. I totally recommend the Mochimochi Land patterns, and already have one or two others in mind!

PS: for some reason, Frobisher refuses to speak to this guy, so I don't know what his name is (I don't speak Giraffe). So I'm hoping that Owen will be able to find it out from him later in December!

No comments: