Saturday, April 12, 2008

FO: Baby Om-semble

You've already seen the Baby Om sweater part of this ensemble. There was so much yarn left over when it was finished, that I couldn't help but make some cutie accessories to go with it. So here goes:
Pattern: Saartje's Booties, using yarnfloozy's method of making the button loops. Knit for Orla, my cousin Susan's new baby girl - she was born on April 4th (about 22 days early).
Yarn: Elann's Peruvian Baby Silk, on 3.5mm needles
Comments: Just realised that I put the buttons in the wrong place (damn!), which explains why the extra ankle strap seemed to be a bit superfluous... oh well, maybe I'll email my cousin after she gets the parcel, and tell her to move the buttons forward if the shoes don't fit. I made these in the original version (except for the button loops), but I think if I made these again, I'd try knitting them in the round. Ravelry has at least a dozen variations on this pattern to try out. But then, there are so many other bootie patterns to try out, that I'm not really sure I would make these again. In fact, I think these sneaker booties are next on my list.
Ravelled here

Pattern: Basic Hat Pattern from Ann Budd's Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns, 0-6 month size
Yarn: Elann's Peruvian Baby Silk in Cedar and Parchment, held double and knit on 4mm needles.
Comments: This is such a good fall-back hat pattern. I used a moss stitch border to match the sweater, otherwise its just a basic hat. With a bobble, of course, since all kiddies need a bobble on their hat.
Ravelled here

No comments: