Friday, November 21, 2008

Did you see what I saw?

This morning I got out of bed just like I do everymorning. I got dressed, went into the kitchen, made some coffee, washed some dishes (I much prefer washing up in the morning , I'm too tired at night), and then started making my lunch... then all of a sudden, I looked out the window and saw this:SNOW! In Newcastle! In Novemeber! So then of course we had to run around taking photos because of the novelty of it all... (cause you know I never see snow at home in Canada, right?!)
By the way, it really wasn't as dark out as these photos would imply - its just the flash that was doing it...So with all this snow having collected in the space of about 10 minutes, we of course decided to take the bus to school rather than walking... and then, after waiting 20 minutes for the (very late) bus to arrive, the sun came out and it was like the snow had never happened... figures! :)

With all this cold weather, its a good thing that lots of knitting has been going on!
Claudia's sock is almost at the toe - I just have to finish that last purple flower on the top right. These socks have a strange construction. The red line is where the heel will go in later - you pick up stitches above and below it, and then knit it in. Is this what they call the 'afterthought' heel? If you make these, check to see if you'll need to cast on extra stitches for the calf width - the pattern (I almost said "recipe"! Too much baking on the brain!) as written gives you a 10" opening at the top, which I think many (adult) people will have trouble fitting in to. If you're on Ravelry, check my project page for more information on my modifications.

Reia has been knitting like mad too, now that we've reminded her how much fun it is! Using this vintage pattern (courtesy of Vintage Purls), she's almost finished making her puppy:
I'm so loving that tripled loopy stitch! Makes me want to knit a crazy loopy bathmat out of my leftover (super-washable) Cotton Ease!

I think Frobisher is starting to feel a little threatened by the arrival of all these new knitted friends. In a desperate attempt to gain a little importance, he's gone off and become a judge. He now refuses to answer to anything besides "Justice Frobisher"!Really that Bear is too much! I didn't even know he had a law degree!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of your snow! Damn it, London! Give me some snow!

David T. Macknet said...

We just got the bitter cold, up here in Glasgow! Congrats for the prettiness, and please keep it down your way! ;)