Tivoli this morning (the beige is just scrap yarn for trying-on purposes):
Tivoli now:according to the pattern, all that this monster required before casting off was an additional 1/2 an inch of even rounds. When I put it on, however, it needed about 4 more inches, and possibly a few extra increase rows. I made a swatch for this before I made it, and was off only by one stitch and about two rows. Apparently, I make really crappy swatches. I re-counted the gauge on this sucker, and realized I was knitting at 25st and 35 rows per 4" instead of the required 22 st and 30 rows. Mind you, this is largely due to the fact that I used needles that were .5mm too small, but still - even the 10 rows at the top were off, and those were done on the proper sized needles. I think I may have to re-think this yarn with this pattern.
Today was not a fun visit to the frog pond - I really hate ripping out my knitting.