Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Great aspirations going bad

Today I had all morning free to do some reading, and get ready for my long afternoon of lectures tomorrow. And how did I spend it? By sending emails and working on my blog, of course! Well, at least I know my powers of procrastination are just as strong as ever!

This week I had intended to make a scarf with the fun Noro yarn that I got from my secret pal. But then Tara said that she needed a scarf, and I said I'd make her one if she bought the yarn, so I started her scarf instead. And then finished it about an hour and a half later, since it was a basic garter stitch scarf made with 2 skeins of Rowan Biggy Print yarn (100% merino wool - how cozy!), and knit on 20mm sticks... I mean needles. Here's Tara with the finished product (only six stitches across, if you can believe it!):

Now that its finished, I will be working on my Noro scarf. And then I have to start some fun fingerless gloves, since I just signed up for Nona's Peaceful Palms Knit-a-long. I've never joined a knit-a-long - I'm very excited to start this one. I have a few ideas up my sleeve for the glove pattern, but no hints until I figure out whether it will work or not... But now I have to get back to all that reading that's starting to pile up on my desk! Is "death by fallen tower of books" covered by insurance plans?!