Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy 2006!

Its a new year, so I decided that a new blog look was in order. That, and i needed something to do while i waited for Picasa to finish importing all my Xmas and New Years photos from my camera. In the process of updating all the links, I also found this quiz:

What horrible Edward Gorey Death will you die?
brought to you by Quizilla

Fit fit fits.
You will perish of fits. Repeat this to yourself:
"Things can work out even if I don't get
my way. Things can work out even...."


but now that that's done, here's a flashback of my Xmas vacation...
our tree:
Mike's parent's tree:
Xmas dinner:
5 month old Owen and his great granny Peggy:
On Boxing Day (after all the requisite shopping!), we went to an Ottawa Senators hockey game. Yay Ottawa, who beat the New York Rangers 6 to 2!

A couple of days later, we went to visit Mike's very big famly in Quebec City (my family is actually very much bigger but it is very rare that all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins are together in the same place at the same time. Its more common for Mike's family because two of his uncles live within 2 minutes of each other). We tried to spend one day walking around the old part of the city, but had to cut it a bit short because it was so cold...
recognize this church? no? go watch Catch Me if you Can again, and this time pay special attention to the French church that Leo's character is hiding out in toward the end of the movie... guess the producers couldn't afford France french, and therefore opted for Canadian french instead.
We also spent an afternoon sightseeing at Montmorency Falls.
If you go there later in the winter, the river in front freezes up completely and you can walk right to the base of the falls. It hasn't been that cold this year, so we had to content ourselves with hopping the fence and walking out along the side of the river.
In the summer you can climb the stairs in the background and walk around the back to the bridge that spans the top of the falls.... at this time of year, there's just a little too much snow for that:
So we walked back to the car and then drove to the bridge. After one last stop for a photo op, of course...
For New Year's Eve, we had a huge dinner at a table set for about 20 people... the party lasted till about 3, and then today was spent recovering as we drove back to Ottawa... leaving me with only 10 days to organize all my things before heading back across the pond again. By which time I think I'll need another vacation so that I can recover from the busyness of this one! :)

1 comment:

PURLPOWER said...

Ooh I love those Edward Gorey cartoons. Canada looks cold but beaut. Hope to see you soon and Happy New Year!