Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Packing is hard on the hands...

Well, everything is in my suitcases and ready to go... all that's left now is to go down to the jewelers and get my ring back - we had to leave it overnight to get it resized, since I ended up needing to shrink more than we'd originally thought.

But before I jump back across the pond, I figured I'd show you the finished Trellis cardigan

It still looks a trifle square from its blocking, although I was quite pleased with how that worked out - the sleeves widened quite well, and I was able to add an extra 1.5 inches of length to the body. Here's a close up of the buttons we found - very little-boy appropriate, I think...

Publish
I think its supposed to be an abstract little city, what with the three cars and the buildings, but we can't figure out what the chicken thing in the middle is supposed to be... a weather vane, perhaps? I'll be dropping this in the post on the way to the airport this afternoon...

See y'all in Newcastle tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you've made it back to NCL safe and sound and that you were able to pack all your knitting projects with you!

Anonymous said...

Those buttons are lovely! Perhaps you should suggest they are salvaged when he grows out of the cardie..... :P