Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Happy belated birthday to me!

As many of you know, Monday was my birthday. Many thanks to everyone for all their birthday wishes - and special thanks to Pink Phish and Glitrgirl for the fun birthday gifties! Thanks to all the rain we've been having I was all set to partake in the drinking chocolate from Lucy tonight (which comes in a tin that will be perfect for DPN storage!)... but then I had to go and burn my mouth on my dinner, making the thought of a hot drink not quite so appealing... let's hope it feels better by tomorrow so I can drink the chocolate then! :)

Despite the four other projects on the go, I decided I had to cast on a new one tonight - this hat from Colinette, which I'm making with some Alchemy Silk Purse yarn from a previous SP, and the Kid Silk Haze Glitrgirl gave me for my birthday. So far I've done about an inch...
what do you think so far? :)

5 comments:

ysolda said...

Happy birthday :) And I like the yarn combo.

David T. Macknet said...

Happy birthday!

Yarn is beautiful!

Lucy said...

It's usually hot chocolate that I burn my mouth on. The hat looks very pretty. You'll be needing it if it gets any colder here. Brrrr!

Tiffany said...

You and me both making hats right now -- in the heat of summer! I like your gray/pink combo. And I hope you had a fab birthday!

PURLPOWER said...

Aw happy birthday Glenda - you kept that far too quiet! See you soon, Helenx