Saturday, June 09, 2007

World Wide Knit in Public Day

Today was the day - take your pins, find a sunny spot, and knit, knit, knit!

Despite the sketchy-looking weather this morning, the sun did come out and we were able to knit at the Green Festival at Leazes Park - good thing we all brought our picnic blankets just in case!
here we all are, hard at work making hats
playing with hats

and modelling hats!
this was my attempt at making a beret for Lucy, but it didn't quite work out. It kind of reminded me of a cupcake, which inspired me to knit this one:

In the end, we knit 28 hats altogether - way to go everyone!



By the way, did you see Doctor Who tonight? I don't think I will ever look at statues the same way ever again!

2 comments:

PURLPOWER said...

looks like you all had a great time, and you all look cool knitting in your sunglasses too! top work knitters. PS. That was the scariest Dr Who I have ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos! It was a great way to spend a sunny Saturday afternoon, we'll have to do more of it.