Tuesday, July 17, 2007

dum de dum de dum......

in my continued impatience to get onto ravelry*, I have had to look elsewhere for internet-tainment....

today, I followed this tutorial, and learned how to make monkeys in photoshop...

I have a purpose in mind for these guys (not sure which one I like better though)... one hoodie + photo transfer paper + one monkey image + made-by-me fabric monkey ears & tail to sew onto the hoodie = one monkey obsessed 2-year old's b-day gift. think it'll work? :) If you were 2, which monkey would you prefer?

After spending my morning doing this, I dragged myself out to the shops to buy some fun new pens and pencils, in a desperate attempt to bribe myself back to work. Isn't it amazing how green, purple, and orange ink can sometimes be enough to make writing a conference paper seem interesting?! ;)


* just to be clear, my impatience has nothing to do with the actions of the fine folks at ravelry, and everything to do with my own inability to wait my turn... in fact, I've moved up the list by 300+ spaces in only 2 days - those invites are being shipped out at lightening speed! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the second one!

I'm glad you mentioned being able to check your position on the Ravelry waiting list -- I didn't know you could do that. I'm #8175; how about you?

Lucy said...

I like the second monkey too. That is going to be one cute gift.
New stationary is THE essential element for a successful essay or paper.
Hope your Ravelry invite comes soon :-)

PURLPOWER said...

I like monkey number one the best.

David T. Macknet said...

The white eyes are appealing in the second one, but it doesn't really look like a monkey - it looks like an Anime / Manga character. It could be a child with a mask on, for example.

If you were to make the eyes brighter on monkey number 1 and make the eyeballs the same size you'd be there. He doesn't have any ear-holes, either.

Just some thoughts.

I'm going to have to follow that tutorial, 'cause I sure as heck can't make anything in photoshop at all!