Monday, November 22, 2010

More FOs! :)

Wow, its feels like ages since my last post! I'm participating in an Implicit Career Search program these month, which takes up most of my days. Add that to the general business of life, and I just can't seem to keep up with it all! :)

Anyway, when I made the two cardigans from the last post for my friend, she also asked that I make an extra cardigan and hat set, to give to her friend as a gift. The recommendation for colours was something green or yellow, since the little girl in question has dark eyes and hair.
This is the cardigan I came up with - I loved the combination of the green and brown, and I thought the row of flowers around the middle made it feminine without being too girly.

For a matching hat, I went with a basic toque, with some added ear flaps to keep her little ears warm all winter.
These were knit Spud & Chloe Sweater yarn - its half wool, half cotton, and so squishy!! Great yardage too - the whole set took less than 2 skeins of green, and less than one of the brown.


That's all for the knitting updates at the moment - with December approaching, my knitting projects are mostly all gifts - so you'll have to wait till January to see them! :)

1 comment:

Peg said...

Hi Glenda,
I hope you and Mike had a wonderful Christmas! I enjoyed seeing your cute cookies and pretty tree. Then I scrolled down to see your gorgeous knitting. I love the brown/green combination on the little girl's sweater... adorable!