Thursday, January 06, 2011

A Swatch A Day..

The last few months (well, all of last year, really) kind of just flew by, leaving me feeling like I'm not quite caught up to the actual time of year.  So with the start of 2011 - which completely snuck up on me! - I've decided I need to start paying more attention and stop letting things slip by without me noticing.  This applies to everything - work, my knitting projects, family, etc.
As part of this decision, I've decided to start knitting a swatch a day, as a means of expanding my knitting techniques and focusing more on the details of knitting, rather than the final projects.  You can follow the progress of these swatches over on my new blog, Still Life With Swatches (not the most original title, I know!).  I'm sure there are lots of other people out there knitting and posting a swatch a day, but to give credit where its due, I got the idea to make this blog from the now-defunct, but still very useful blog NonaSwatches.

At the moment, many of the swatches are based on work I'm doing for the City & Guilds hand knitting course that I started in December, but I expect they will soon include swatches for various projects I'm working on, and sometimes just random techniques that I feel like playing around with.  The goal is to post at least one every day - let's see how long I can keep this up!  :)

No comments: