Saturday, March 05, 2011

Yarn Soup

I don't think I've mentioned it here before, but this year I decided to take part in the yarn diet and stashdown challenges that are being hosted by the Pre-Process Knitters Ravelry Group.  The goal of these challenges is pretty obvious - stop buying yarn, and work your hardest to knit up as much of your yarn stash as physically possible over the course of the year.

These challenges are becoming difficult.  Even though I didn't really buy all that much yarn before (although you'd never know it by looking at my stash!!), the fact that I can't buy yarn makes me feel a little deprived.  There have even been a few moments when I have pictured myself walking into a yarn store and falling off the diet wagon in a very disastrous fashion - only problem is, I haven't the faintest idea what yarn I'd actually want to buy!

(My friend Al here says its all relative, although I'm not really sure what he means by that)


Anyway, for the time being, I seem to have found a solution:
From now on whenever I feel like I really need to buy yarn, I'm just going to frog one of the many sweaters (and other projects) that I've knit, but never wear/use.  Or, in the case of this particular yarn, a sweater for which I knit all the pieces, but then neglected to seam up because the sleeves grew several inches during the blocking process!

No comments: